US Air Force Base Demolition
US AIR FORCE BASE DEMOLITION, ASBESTOS AND LEAD REMOVAL OF AIRCRAFT REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE HANGAR
The project above had a few challenges; the military facility is located on a high secure restricted access area next to top secret aircraft hangars; the project has an aggressive schedule, the project has LEED requirements; Only highly skilled abatement workers can perform the tasks needed due to (asbestos and Lead abatement to be performed in the exterior of building with high winds exposure, hard and soft demolition, high fall hazard up to 60’ of elevation, equipments needed to perform project Boom Lifts, Reach Forklifts, Bobcats and Excavators). The project is over $300,000.00 and the duration is 5 weeks. Unforeseen, conditions encountered was that the asbestos containing materials listed on the Hazardous Materials Survey reports consisted of less than 100 s.f. of penetrations mastic and the environmental consultant identified that they entire structure contained various Asbestos containing materials throughout. Some of the newly identified asbestos containing materials contained up to 12% asbestos fibers. This project consists of the removal of approximately;
• 60,000 square feet of metal panels that are coated with Lead Base Paint
• Roof Panels with ACM Grey Roof Sprayed Coating approx 26,700 sq.ft./Ceiling Panels with ACM Caulking approx 32,040 l.f.
• Exterior Wall Panel ACM Caulking approx 2,726 l.f.
• Flashing/Perimeter ACM Sealant on the exterior of building approx 722 l.f.
• ACM Grey and White Caulking around door assembly at north and south areas approx 100 s.f.
• Demolition of interior offices and concrete slab
• Lead Paint Removal on Steel Beams to allow new connections for structure reinforcement and new design.