Bead Blasting at Quality Environmental, Inc.
In Los Angeles bead blasting is an effective, affordable way to remove contaminants during construction. At Quality Environmental, Inc., we understand the importance of maintaining a clean construction site before, during and after a project. We offer bead blasting in Los Angeles as part of our customized, cost-effective cleanup solutions for construction projects of any size.
What Is Bead Blasting?
Bead blasting is a type of abrasive blasting service that uses tiny metal beads to clean impurities from concrete surfaces. Abrasive cleaning is performed by shooting beads at a surface using air pressure.
Metal beads used in the process can vary in size and cut for different surface textures after blasting.
- Larger beads produce a coarser, more conductive surface.
- Smaller beads produce a smoother, shinier finish.
- Sharp-cut beads can be useful for heavy duty cleaning.
- Round beads are gentler on metal surfaces.
What Are the Advantages of Bead Blasting?
Beads are inexpensive to produce, and they can be re-used several times, which makes bead blasting a cost-effective service. This is an environmentally-friendly process that leaves no residue and poses no health or safety hazards.
24/7 Emergency Response ServiceContact Us
Types of Bead Blasting
Blasting may be performed for several different reasons. Beads are used for different types of blasting, including:
- Cleaning: Removing dirt, grime, and other substances caked on the surfaces
- Deburring: A method of smoothing rough surfaces that wears away bits of metal, such as those left from welding
How Bead Blasting Compares to Sand Blasting
Abrasive blasting can be performed with several different substances, including sand, water, and metal beads. Although sand was once the default material for use in abrasive blasting, it has fallen out of favor in recent years, while bead blasting in Los Angeles has become more popular, for several reasons: