Types of Damage Caused by Fire and Smoke
Fire and smoke damage repair in Los Angeles can go far beyond the items or structures that burn:
- Walls and surfaces can become discolored in a matter of minutes.
- Finishes on kitchen appliances can turn yellow in as little as several hours.
- Ash and smoke left behind can continue to cause damage and corrosion to materials.
- Smoke can tarnish metal quickly and cause etching in glass within a short time.
- Odors and smoke can remain in a room or structure long after a fire is extinguished and cause health problems if not fully extracted.